Sunday 22 July 2012

The Dark Knight Rises - Spoiler Free!


WARNING: Do not read this if you haven't seen the previous movie. This may spoil the ending. However, this blog does not contain any The Dark Knight Rises spoilers.

Often, me and Mr Husband go to the cinema. We tend to go for the Orange Wednesday offers. If you don't know, that's 2 tickets for the price of 1 on Wednesdays from the phone company Orange. And we enjoy it a lot but the downside is that we don't get to go to many movies on the actual day of release. We almost have an unwritten rule that we only go on the actual day of release if its something really worth seeing before Wednesday.

One movie was Christopher Nolan's conclusion of the Batman trilogy. We wanted to see this for a long time. I am personally a huge fan of Christopher Nolan as a director. I was introduced to him with The Dark Knight and it was an impressive movie. But at the time, I wasn't aware who he was as a director. What really introduced me to him as a director was Memento. I had to watch it as part of my course. Then there was Inception which was an amazing movie and really showed how he preferred to do amazing stunts through the camera and not through special effects - something I agree with so much. In an upcoming blog, I will explore these movies more. But for now, lets focus on The Dark Knight Rises

Without giving anything away and using Internet Movie Database, I will quickly explain the outline of the movie. It's set 8 years after the previous movie. Gotham City has branded Batman an enemy of the city after the perceived murder of Harvey Dent aka Two-Faced. However, another super villain has begun to terrorise the city, in the form of Bane. Batman must return and save Gotham City.

Personally, it was a great ending to the trilogy and leaves the door ajar to another set of movies as well. I really enjoyed it throughout but I really want to sit and watch all three films again to fully appreciate the trilogy again. To be honest, I said the same thing when I saw The Avengers movie. I really felt I needed to re-watch Thor again. Both great movies as well.

So what was Mr Husband's point of view? Mr Husband's quote when we came out the cinema was "Sorry Joss Whedon but Christopher Nolan is now my Master." This is very high praise from Mr Husband since Joss Whedon is one of his favourite directors.

If you get a chance, please go and see this movie. It's really great!!

Before I end this blog, I want to say that my thoughts are with the families and friends of the people who died due to the shooting in Aurora, Colorado. No one should ever lose a person close to them like this. No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment