Monday 4 June 2012

Moving Blog


I’ve just announced on my personal twitter that I’m changing my blogs. Some people might be confused why I’ve done this so I thought I would explain it here – on my new blog.

I really enjoyed doing my dyslexia blog. However, when I was doing my last blog series, I became stuck. I didn’t know what else to write about. But I did have topics but just not on dyslexia. So, I decided to move from a dyslexia blog to a geeky blog which would still contain blogs on dyslexia. I also decided to do bi-weekly blogs, which would help me from dealing from pressure from the real world. That being said, if I find out some AMAZING news - like the launch of a product I really want, then I might post in between the regular two weeks.

But, there was another issue which had bigger consequence for me. I was letting my dyslexia define me as a person. But I'm more than just a dyslexic. I'm a student, a friend, a fiancée, an internet user, an artist, a poet and a geek. Why should I tie myself down to something that some people might view as a negative in my personality? Whereas, being a geek is something that could be viewed negatively however most people don't. It could be argued that I'm doing the same with a geeky blog. But being labelled a bit geeky is a bit different than being labelled just a dyslexic. But more importantly, I'm ok with being labelled a geek. Simply put - it's who I am.

The third problem was nothing to do with the actual blog, but rather the provider itself. I used wordpress as a recommendation from years ago and I thought I would give it another go again. But wordpress was awful! Their apps for iPhone and iPad would continue to crash all the time. So when I wanted to lie in bed and do a quick blog, it was a nightmare! Wordpress has become unuseable. So I had to move and I know that blogger was very good back in the day and appeared to remain as a good standard.So I played around with it a lot more than I did wordpress before. And in terms of apps, you aren't stuck with just their app - which is only on iPhone (minor issue - I can live with that).

I hope you all understand why I've moved blogs and why I've changed blogs. And I hope you guys enjoy my new blogs as much as I enjoy writing it.

My next blog will be up quicker than two week though! I will post it up in the next few days - I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment