Friday 8 June 2012

What Geek Am I?


For those of you who are new to this blog, I should really tell you a little about me.

My name is Addie and I'm currently at University in Scotland. I'm just finished my undergraduate degree and I'm looking to the future...and beyond! I have a loving husband-to-be (and for the point of this blog, he will be referred to as Mr Husband).

In terms of geeky - I'm an overall geek through and through. I love my films - me and Mr Husband are complete film nuts. I love my gadgets. But that being said, I am an Appletard. I got my iPhone 4...then my iPad and I recently got the MacBook Pro. But its not just computer gadgets I love. Anything that fixes a problem I will get. For example, I do love baking and I really try to do it regularly. But if I was going to pipe icing, a re-washable bag was a nightmare but throw away bags seemed a bit wasteful. However, I walked into a store one day and found a silicon piping bag which is easier to clean but not wasteful. I love it!

But of course, my love of Apple products and my love of a good solution have come together. I love my MacBook Pro because I need text-to-speech software because of my dyslexia. But Windows 7 doesn't have it innately and the software provided for me was awful. So, when I used Mr Husband's Mac Mini for University work, it worked like a dream. So when I ended up with a MacBook Pro - which is a story for another blog - I was delighted.

But of course, I do love other types of gadgets. I love doing photography and I currently use a Canon 400D with a body grip and a range of lenses. I love using my gadget knowledge to apply to my photography hobby. It's something I haven't had time for recently but I do plan to get into it. But my love of gadgets also affect my hobby of exercising. Mr Husband has recently completed his first half-marathon and when we were training together, we both used apps on our iPhone to track our progress. Which was ideal when we were in two different countries.

I use my love of gadgets so I can be creative. I have a tablet for my old PC which was really good for digital painting which I really enjoyed doing. Now, I use my iPad as the tablet and I'm going to get a new Bamboo pen so I can practise and get better at drawing again.

For me, being a geeky affects a lot of aspects of my life in a positive way. Hell, if it wasn't for my geeky trait, I would have never meet Mr Husband - who is just as geeky as me, if not more.

That's who I am. Leave a comment and tell me about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment